11/11/2008

Thoughts on Customer Survey

Sorry I'm a little late getting to this post. I guess I'm just so much more important than all you people, and I have a million more pressing things going on in my life right now. Does that make me smudge?

LOL!! Just kidding, kids.

So...Customer Survey. What can we say about this episode? It had laughter, it had yelling, it had sweet moments, it had coffee mugs, it had the world's tiniest Bluetooth, and it had JAM's first "I love you"!!

Jim and Pam - What a cute idea - tiny, nearly undetectable Bluetooths (Blueteeth?) in your ears all day, so you can be a part of each other's entire day and feel like you're not missing anything. Let's hope Jimbo and Paaaaamooolaaaaaa have unlimited daytime minutes ;). But seriously, a cute idea that John & Jenna played very well.

But what's that old saying...Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. If you're able to hear everything that goes on, you're able to hear everything that goes on, including some pudgy-faced art student trying to convince the future mother of your children to ditch you for the cornucopia of artistic opportunities New York has to offer. Because apparently there's a ban on water colors and easels in Scranton???? C'mon, Pam! Don't fall for it! Are there more opportunities in New York? Yes. Is it the end-all, be-all, centralized mecca of the artistic world and you're screwed if you go anywhere else? No! And don't tell me Pam hasn't thought about this herself already. Seriously! Pam's not a dumbass - she knows New York has more opportunities, yet she accepted Jim's proposal and they have begun planning their future together. I have a hard time believing Alex (Boooo, Alex!!) has suddenly opened Pam's eyes to new information. At least that's what I'm hoping.

My thought? This is angst created by the writers for angst's sake. Eventually Pam will come home to her beloved lanky assistant regional manager and they will live happily ever after...in Jim's parents' house (which damn well better have a terrace upstairs), watching "28 Days", eating mixed berry yogurt, and making thirsty Halpert babies.

Andy/Angela/Dwight - Apparently Angela's "office mattress-ness" hasn't been limited to the office nor to mattresses. Clearly she and Bobblehead Joe got it on in the barn a time or two...or twenty. And clearly she misses it...and misses him. So instead of - oh, I don't know - calling off her wedding to Andy and confessing her obvious love of Dwight, she decides to hold the wedding at Schrute Farms. Cuz that's whatcha do!

There is some question among the fandom what exactly that little "exchange" between Dwight & Angela meant - the long gazes, the look on Angela's face, Dwight's sexy little voice. Most people think it means Dwight and Angela have already rekindled the romance and now they'll just have free access to one another during the wedding planning process. I disagree. I think Angela cut Dwight off after the "6:14" discussion, but now realizes the error of her ways and wants to start things up again. I also think she often dreamed of her wedding being at Schrute Farms, in the hand-plowed field, with the barn full of antique tools, while she was dating Dwight. So now she's excited that her dream will be coming true...with a different groom, of course. Details, details.

Michael - The fake engagement thing was stupid. I'm sorry. I mean, don't get me wrong, I can totally see Michael doing this. I'm not saying the concept was stupid...just the execution. Having it be a cold open was a mistake. I think it could have been a funny, interesting, and poignant sub plot throughout an episode. Not this one, though.

Favorite moments/quotes
* "Our dusky, exotic customer service rep"
* "Pam's a gold digger" "Hey, New York ain't free. Get back to work!"
* "Alrighty, Dwighty"
* The first JAM "I love you"!!
* "Jim, they are a-poopy"
* Smudge and arrogant / "And there's your smudgeness"
* "Maybe that's because you spent the entire year flirting with the receptionist" "Little bit. Worth it".
* The entire Bill Buttlicker scene
* "...a bridal suite for my bridal sweet" (Oh Andy, you are SO screwed my friend)
* Dwight & Jim in the car, especially "Is there some evidence?"
* "Right Dwight is loud"
* "You juked the stats, cupcake!"
And my favorite: "Dwight, get out of my nook!" "That's what she said! That's what she said! That's what she said!"

No comments: